[Kde-imaging] gwenview, digikam, keywords and metadata

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Tue Nov 27 14:31:54 UTC 2012

Le samedi 24 novembre 2012 13:03:18 Kristian Rink a écrit :

> > Making Gwenview save keywords
> > to both files and Nepomuk is a common feature request, though, so I am
> > probably going to look at this soon.
>
> Do you think something like this might be possible using kipi and
> Python?

I don't know of any kipi plugin written in Python: I don't think libkipi has
Python bindings, so that would be a problem.

> Being into semantic web things semi-professionally these days, I
> surely am curious to give the nepomuk API a shot yet my C++ skills are
> rather limited, so at the moment I wonder whether crafting a quick
> script to traverse an image store, use nepomuk to retrieve data for each
> image found and use some EXIF library to write these back would be worth
> working on (or, for that matter, possible to be done)?

It is most likely possible to write this. Nepomuk is part of kdelibs so I
assume it has Python bindings, then there are a few Python modules to
manipulate Exif data (pyexiv2 for example). Such a script would be nice to
have even when Gwenview gets the sync feature because it would allow one to
sync his existing collection of images.