[Kde-imaging] new kipi plugin: Web-Slideshow Creator

Eckhart Arnold eckhart_arnold at yahoo.de
Thu May 17 11:43:40 UTC 2012

Hello,

I've programmed a kipi plugin that generates a javascript based
slideshow of images that can be viewed in an internet browser. It is
meant as an alternative to the existing Flash Plugin and HTML export
plugins.

In contrast to the HTML export it uses dynamic HTML and resizes images
so that they fit into the browser window (good to deliver
slideshows to devices with different screen sizes!). Also, I believe, it
looks a bit nicer than most of the HTML export templates ;)

The results look something like this:
http://www.eckhartarnold.de/apppages/GWTPhotoAlbum/BayreuthAndAbroad/GWTPhotoAlbum_xs.html#Gallery

If you want to check the plugin out, you can download the sources here:

https://code.google.com/p/gwtphotoalbum/downloads/detail?name=kipiplugin_webslideshow-0.8.8.tgz

Please, let me know what you think about it.

Have a nice day,
Eckhart