[Kde-imaging] gwenview, nepomuk -- keywords lost?!

Kristian Rink kawazu428 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 15:16:11 UTC 2012

Am Dienstag, 4. Dezember 2012, 14:42:19 schrieb Aurélien Gâteau:
> > - Selecting any of the images in that folder and pressing CTRL+T again
> > shows nothing. The list of keywords added to this image is empty.
>
> Very strange. It works here. Stupid question: is Nepomuk enabled? There was
> a bug in Gwenview where the tag dialog could still be opened even if
> Nepomuk was turned off.

I am _modestly_ sure it was running. I spent an evening adding keywords to
images, and it seems most of it actually made it to the database. Not sure,
though, whether eventually some Nepomuk component was stopped or offline(?) at
some point.

> The best advice I have would be to run Gwenview from the command-line, and
> check if it prints anything interesting on stderr.

Just used kdebugdialog to send all gwenview output to some log file, will that
do, too? I'll see whether I can reproduce this once more and file an issue as
soon as I do have some more, well, "reliable" information on that. :)

Thanks and all the best,
Kristian