[Kde-imaging] Some issues I stumbled over while trying to build

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Thu Nov 24 02:32:10 UTC 2011

Hi,

sorry, I forgot to say that I am not subscribed, so I saw your
answers just now.

> > https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/digikam-software-compilation
> > > links to libkmap but it leads to a 404 error. What happened with
> > > libkmap?
> > >

> > Not reproducible here...
> >

> Gilles, I think he means the link for 'libkmap' on that website which
> points to:
>    https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdereview/libkmap

Exactly.

> Frederik, the new location is:
>    https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/libs/libkgeomap

Thank you. :)
In the meantime I found it through solving the dependencies.

> If you had simply downloaded digikam-software-collection and used the
> included 'download-repos', then everything would have been cloned for you,
> ready for self-contained compile. Instructions on how to use it are located
> here:

>    http://www.digikam.org/drupal/download?q=download/GIT

Ah, I did not know that. Usually I know what application I want to build
and then just clone it and get the dependencies one by one while building.

I will try to remember that when I build Digikam next time. :)

Thank you and regards
Frederik