[Kde-imaging] ipernity plugin for kipi

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 14:03:09 UTC 2011

Hi,

2011/11/17 yann gavet <yann.gavet at gmail.com>

> Dear all,
>
> I am looking at creating a plugin for ipernity export (ipernity.com is a
> web photo service as flickr). The api is really close to the api of flickr,
> but there are some slight differences (see
> http://www.flickr.com/services/api/ and http://www.ipernity.com/help/api.

Great to see you working on ipernity support.

> My first question is: should I start by copying the flickrexport directory
> of the kipi plugins and modify the files, ore should I rather modify the
> flickerexport plugin ?

I recommend to extend Flickr plugin. separate ipernity code in a dedicated
sub folder, and try to shared same code for GUI. Perhaps there are
some adjustments to do with current implementation to be more versatile,
and of course some regression tests to perform.

Do you plan to use git repository branch ? do you have a developer account
?

Best

Gilles Caulier