[Kde-imaging] Advanced slideshow: display captions

Harald Haspl harald.haspl at gmx.at
Sat Jan 8 10:44:29 CET 2011

Hi to everyone - I'm new on this list ;-)

I was looking for a tool to display descriptions (captions) of images
during a slideshow.

But I was not satisfied by the appearance of the captions in digikam.
I like the looking of google picasa's slideshow-captions, so I have
patched the plugin "advancedslideshow" of kipi-plugins to make the
captions:

* centered horizontally
* surrounded by a rounded rectangle
* the opacity of the background-rectangle can be set (0-10)

I have kept the option to draw the text in an "outline"-style when the
background is invisible in the original version, but this option can now
be set independently of the background transparency.

I have attached the patch, if you like to integrate it into the
repository.

BTW: if you use the Font Bitstream Vera Sans with font-size 20, set the
foreground-color to white, the background color to a dark gray or dark
blue tone and opacity to 80%, it looks like in google picasa :-)

greetings,
Harald