[Kde-imaging] Re: GSoC ideas needed - 20 days until org application - last call

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 23:43:02 CET 2011

I had a suggestion for a potential GSOC project:

The project would involve converting all the online image hosting kipi
plugins to kio slaves.  Currently these require navigating a series of
menus and dialogs.  Converting them to kio slaves would allow the
online services to be handled seamlessly as ordinary folders.  Besides
making exporting or importing pictures a drag-and-drop affair (or
using the existing file save, open, and folder picker dialogs), it
would also allow browsing your online photo collection directly in
Dolphin or Konqueror.  It might also make it possible for Digikam to
directly index these sites as part of your collection.

Aurélien thought it was a good idea and suggested I send it to you.

-Todd