[Kde-imaging] Gwenview, kipi plugins, and temp files

mander manderw at fastmail.fm
Sat Feb 5 13:09:36 CET 2011

I originally asked this on the Gwenview list but the author advised me
that it is a kipi-plugins issue.

I've recently started using Flickr as a handy online backup for my
photos, using the "export" function in Gwenview.  The problem I have is
that Gwenview seems to copy every file that it uploads to
/home/mander/.kde/tmp-mander-laptop.localdomain, which leads to me
running out of disk space because I have a very tiny hard drive.  So I
have to go into the folder and manually delete the tmp files.

Is there a way that I can either stop this happening, or somehow make
the system clear out the tmp files more frequently than at shutdown?

Thanks for your help/time!