[Kde-imaging] Looking for maintainers for HTML Export and Batch Image Processing plugins

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Tue Jan 5 23:50:30 CET 2010

Hi,

For the past few months I haven't been able to find enough time to work
on the two KIPI plugins I am supposed to maintain: HTML Export and Batch
Image Processing.

I think it's time for me to acknowledge that I am doing a disservice to
our users by lagging on bug reports and being practically inactive. This
probably come from the fact that I do not have a personal need for these
plugins, I think it's time for them to find maintainers who really
cares about them.

So here I am, posting to this list first because I believe you should be
informed about this before the rest of the community. I am going to blog
about it in a day or two, in the hope I can get more people involved in
KIPI plugins, as I guess all of you are probably quite busy as well.

HTML Export code is in a quite correct shape I believe. The code base is
quite small. It has been written in the KDE3 era and only went through
one port (KDE3 to KDE4) so it does not carry too much cruft.

Batch Image Processing is a different beast. It's much larger, and the
code base is starting to show its age (I believe it was initially
created for KDE2, but I could be wrong). I intended to give it a UI and
code clean up, but didn't manage to get this done.

I do not plan to disappear or unsubscribe from the list. I intend to
help new maintainers getting used to the code bases as much as I can.
Hopefully I will continue to contribute by fixing bugs in plugins I
actually use.