[Kde-imaging] Re: [Digikam-devel] Re: Git migration for 2.0.0 + code components re-structuring...

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Sat Dec 11 13:18:43 CET 2010

In data giovedì 9 dicembre 2010 18:18:19, Gilles Caulier ha scritto:
> The goal is to host the current unstable code from trunk in digiKam
> package and use it with the digiKam and co release. This copy of
> unstable code will have API/ABI id increased to be installed in both
> to the system without to break anything.
You need to take care also that the version you release out of trunk
*have* to be upgraded by the next trunk (e.g. kdegraphics stable) version
to avoid conflicts.
Remember that a system that installs libfoo from a standalone package
can have conflicts when updates libfoo using another package.
I mean libkipi-kdegraphics and libkipi-standalone are in conflicts if
they produce same files in same position...
And certainly packager have to take in account the developer
version of that library...

Cheers,