[Kde-imaging] Fwd: [Digikam-devel] Re: Git migration for 2.0.0 + code components re-structuring...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 06:05:25 CET 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michael G. Hansen <mike at mghansen.de>
Date: 2010/12/9
Subject: [Digikam-devel] Re: Git migration for 2.0.0 + code
components	re-structuring...
To: digiKam developers room - digiKam - Manage your photographs as a
professional with the power of open source <digikam-devel at kde.org>

Hi Gilles,

On 12/09/2010 10:34 AM, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> This is my proposal : make a digiKam packaging including current
> digiKam + kipi-plugins + libkface + libkmap. The root dir contents of
> digiKam will become something like that :
>
> digikam/
>   \--cmake/
>   \--data/
>   \--databaseserver/
>   \--digikam/
>   \--imageplugins/
>   \--kioslave/
>   \--libs/
>   \--project/
>   \--showfoto/
>   \--tests/
>   \--themedesigner/
>   \--utilities/
>   \--kipi-plugins
>   \--libkmap
>   \--libkface

I think this is a very good idea! However, I would propose one change:
How about we add a directory 'guests' where one can optionally place
libkexiv2, libkdcraw, etc., if one wants to compile them along with
digikam, and then digikam can use the versions in 'guests' instead of
the system-supplied ones. This would make it easier for users to compile
digikam, because they just checkout digikam, go to guests directory,
checkout libkexiv2, libkdcraw, and compile digikam along with them.

Michael