[Kde-imaging] DNG sdk

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 10:39:43 CEST 2010

2010/4/1 Johannes Wienke <languitar at semipol.de>:
> Am 01.04.2010 22:51 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
>>
>> 2010/4/1 Johannes Wienke <languitar at semipol.de>:
>>>
>>> What about ensuring the functionality also in the future by writing unit
>>> tests?
>>
>> Why not, but how to be sure that all tests are fine as we have no
>> feedback about DNG SDK update. Look like sdk doc do not exist.
>,
> I'd say that everything is fine if the converter produces the output that we
> expect. That means we could create unit tests that simply take one or two
> raw images of every type that can be converted to dng, convert it using the
> converter and then check the image contents (e.g. by comparing the image
> data on a pixel basis)

It's not easy, because comparing non-demosaiced pixels data between
RAW and DNG is a big puzzle.

image data storage from RAW is differents than DNG. DNG pixels
encoding algorithm can change (optimizations) between DNG sdk version
and result can differt. At least image properties can be compared as
image size. Also, DNG properties can be check, as preview sub image,
and of course some image data.

This why, there, i think to run program and check visually if all is
fine with target DNG file is the best way.