[Kde-imaging] extragear/graphics/kipi-plugins/acquireimages

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 15:33:18 CEST 2009

2009/10/12 Kåre Särs <kare.sars at iki.fi>:
> On Monday 12 October 2009, Gilles Caulier wrote:
>> SVN commit 1034269 by cgilles:
>>
>> Acquire Image kipi-plugins : stand alone version of plugin. It can be
>> started of kipi host now. Kare, i think your code from
>> kdegraphics/ksaneplugin can be replaced by this one when kipi-pugins will
>> be moved to kdegraphics. No need to duplicates this code. What do you
>> think about ?
> That would be good, since I have not touched the kdegraphics/ksaneplugin for a
> long time, but there is a problem. The ksaneplugin is built for the kscan API
> in KIO, and that API is in kdelibs.

Well, as AcquireImages code use libksane from kdegraphics and as
kipi-plugins will be moved to kdegraphics too, all must be fine.

> One other problem is that the kscan API
> returns a QImage and not a saved file.

And ? Where is the problem here if you cut definitively kscan
dependency and replace it by libksane ?

When i said to do it, it's when KDE 4.4 will be released to not
perturb binary compatibility

I plan to move kipi-plugins to kdegraphics after 0.8.0 release (the
ultimate extragear version), and before KDE 4.4 freeze. As
kipi-plugins do not provide a shared libs used by other program, there
is no problem of dependency to move it to kdegraphics for KDE 4.4...