[Kde-imaging] kipi-plugins 0.8.0

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 11:49:30 CET 2009

2009/11/1 Johannes Wienke <languitar at semipol.de>:
> Hi,
>
> Am 01.11.2009 11:04 schrieb Luka Renko:
>>
>> On Sunday 01 November 2009 00:15:03 Gilles Caulier wrote:
>>>
>>> To clear image list is normal, if you close dialog without to process
>>> images. It's the same bahavior than with modal dialog.
>>

>> Problem is that behaviour is different if I open the export for the first
>> time (all selected images in digikam are put in export plugin image list)
>> and when I open it again (image list is empty, even though that I have
>> images selected in digikam). I think this is confusing and very different to
>> old behaviour of export plugins: always transfer selection from kipi host to
>> kipi export plugin.
>>
>> I think we should clarify this before 0.8.0 release, as it will confuse
>> existing users.
>
> For the flickr export tool I already changed that behavior, so that on every
> start the list is reloaded. I was very confused when I noticed the new
> behaviour.

This is due to this code :

http://lxr.kde.org/source/extragear/graphics/kipi-plugins/flickrexport/plugin_flickrexport.cpp#143

dialog is already in memory. We don't recreate it. It's displayed as
well, but list have been cleaned previously when dialog have been
closed (and this point is fine).

Problem : the current selection is not loaded in this case... It
simple to fix...