[Kde-imaging] printimages optionpage (help needed)

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Fri Jun 5 23:28:24 CEST 2009

Angelo Naselli wrote:
>>> The idea is to choose photos per page or -scaling/rotate/leave as it is-
>>> photo.
>>> Because photos per page prints n photos using the atckins algorithm that
>>> take the pictures as they are and not the the touched ones.
>> So you can either adjust each photos individually, or set more than one
>> photo per page? When you print more than one photo per page, does it
>> still take position into account?
> You can choose photo per page or scaling. So yes you can adjust photos
> individually, but only if you don't choose photo per page.

OK, but I don't think you need the checkbox: just use a regular label
and only enable the scaling options if the photo-per-page value is 1.

> About the position, well it should be take in account, but that should
> be done by selection in this plugin.... maybe a new option if we can find
> room :D

I don't understand what you mean.

>>> Well my will was to save the scaling setting, i mean if you cut only the last
>>> photo you'll have all cut to that size at the next plugin start if it is saved
>>> by default, but maybe you don't want to have that behaviour, for instance
>>> you cut 3x5 (cm) but you're used to get 10x15 normally...
>>>
>>> But i'm open to discuss, you're the first real tester of the plugins :D
>> Well, I was essentially looking for a way to get more space :). The new
>> layout I posted make it possible to keep the "Save settings" button.
> But if it's not intuitive... we can manage it in other way... something like
> "use as default scaling"?

Yes, this is a good idea, because "Save" may be associated to selecting
a file where the information would be kept. "Use as default" is even
shorter.