[Kde-imaging] AdvancedSlideshow fixes and questions

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Tue Jul 21 23:21:18 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have fixed quite a few issues with the AdvancedSlideshow plugin in the last
2 days. Memory consumption and long loading times should be gone, but still
there are some crashes I can't reproduce all the time:

When using Ken Burns (OpenGL FX), it crashes randomly. I have not discovered
when or why, but mostly it seems to happen when used in gwenview.
I was never able to crash it when running from within digiKam.
Can someone confirm this and add a backtrace here?

I also discovered something weird:
We don't have a soundtrack playback widget in the normal slideshow?
Why? Is this some copy&paste issue or is playback not allowed in the normal
slideshow (without OpenGL)?
If so, we should inform the user.

And one more suggestion: I think it would be nice to use the control widgets
from AdvancedSlideshow in the common ImagesList widget. They take up less
space and also have sorting possibilities, if wanted.
Sure we can have setters to disable the sort buttons, if we really want to.

What do you think? Should we merge this into ImagesList?
If so, this will not happen before kipi-0.6.0 of course, this takes some time
to test.

Andi