[Kde-imaging] moving kipi-plugins to kdegraphics ?

Luka Renko lure at kubuntu.org
Fri Jul 10 17:52:09 CEST 2009

On Friday 10 July 2009 10:34:58 Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> What do you think to move now all kipi-plugins to kdegraphics, near
> gwenview ?
>
> This will change of course the release goal which will synchronized
> with KDE release. There is no release package to do anymore : all is
> published with KDE as well.
>
> Your viewpoints are welcome...

I think this have several benefits, the only drawback might be that we need to
stick with strict 6-month KDE release cycle and freezes they impose (feature
freeze and l10n being most important). This may be a problem for occasional
contributor, as he might have time just at the time when branch is frozen. We
can handle by keeping such contributions as patches in bugzilla or branches,
but with move to git, this will be even easier to handle.

So, I would say +1.

Regards,
Luka