[Kde-imaging] Porting Softimage PIC loader to KDE4 / gwenview

Ruben Lopez r.lopez at bren.es
Wed Jul 8 09:56:05 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm porting the Softimage PIC loader from KDE3 (and gwenview 1.4.1) to KDE 4. I made it work with most applications just with the QImageIOPlugin / Handler pair, and now I am trying to make it work with gwenview also.
Just with the QImageIOPlugin, PIC images work in the thumbnails view,
but it is not possible to open the images or view then in full screen
view. The error is "Loading meta information failed". I read a bit about
new KDE4 technologies and it seems that KFilePlugins were replaced by
strigi-analyzers.

I created a new strigi analyzer for Softimage PIC based on the BMP
StreamEndAnalyzer, adding the STRIGI_ANALYZER_FACTORY macro to ensure
that the dynamic library has the right entry points, and installed the
.so in the right place (the same where the strigiea_bmp.so is located),
but gwenview still gives the same message.

Is there something else that I should create or install to enable other
views than thumbnail? I can send the code if it helps, it's quite short.

Thanks.