[Kde-imaging] My plugins are ready for kipi-plugins rc2

Luka Renko lure at kubuntu.org
Sun Feb 15 17:18:39 CET 2009

On Saturday 14 February 2009 09:07:54 Gilles Caulier wrote:
> 1/ All export plugins with the same interface : Flickr and PicasaWeb need
> to be redisigned from GUI point.

Agreed. We could probably make them more consistent as we move them to same
ground.

> 2/ When gui is done, a reflection to group all export plugins to a same
plugin must be done.
> 3/ After that, we must study a way to integrate gui in kipi hosts,
typipically in digiKam, remote
> folder view in left sidebar, and plugin settings view on the right sidebar.
> icon view from the middle must host remote folder view content. libkipi
> must be adapted for that.

You mean like integrating plugins into main window of KIPI host?
Personally, for import/export plugins it is important to be able to do
operation in background, as upload/download can take some time. Currently the
export dialog block main KIPI application and this makes it harder to use.

Regards,
Luka