[Kde-imaging] Gwenview and AdvancedSlideshow

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Wed Aug 5 10:04:59 CEST 2009

I just realized that gwenview seems to send a wrong signal on album changes
and therefore disables the "AdvancedSlideshow" action in the menu.
I can not reproduce it in digiKam so I assume it has something to do with
gwenview.

For example if you start gwenview and open the plugins menu, the
advancedslideshow is enabled, although no images are visible or selected.

If you change into an actual image folder now, the action is disabled, because
the plugin receives a currentAlbumChanged(false) signal.

Can you confirm this?
I guess sending this signal is done in some virtual method provided by
KIPI::Interface, because in libkipi/interface.cpp there is no signal emitted
at all.

Andi