[Kde-imaging] Plan a 2009 coding spring...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 13:36:12 CEST 2009

2009/4/17 Angelo Naselli <anaselli at linux.it>:
> mercoledì 15 aprile 2009 alle 13:16, Gilles Caulier ha scritto:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I would to plan a coding spring this year with digiKam/kipi-plugins
>> developpers as in october 2008 at Genoa.
>>
>> For digiKam, i would to work on image plugins widgets refactoring.
>> For kipi-plugins, i would make progress in libkipi about plugins core
>> and settings widgets to share with kipi host applications.
>>
>> Questions :
>>
>> - where we can organize this event ? We need a room with internet
>> connection and a switch to connect laptop. Anybody from a LUG can help
>> here ?
>>
>> - when we can organize this event ? I have contacted Andreas Huggel
>> from Exiv2 project, and he is agree to come to this event but not
>> before october.
>>
>> I think there we will have no problem with  KDE-ev sponsorship to pay
>> travel + hotel. As usual, we need a full list of contributors with a
>> details of charges planed (planes, trains, etc...)
>>
>> What do you think about ?
> That is a good idea, i can say that last event had good results (at least
> as far as my part of code concerned :) )
>
> I can try to ask the same room as last year, but i'm not sure kde ev will
> approve it. Gilles use your charm in the case :)

No problem to convince kde-ev (:=))))...

For this year, i will try to prepare a slideshow to resume the main
goals of the sprint and main ideas to share...

My availability to prepare this event is after June 2009, because i'm
teaching this year and i plan an exam around 20 june.

As usual, we need to know who is interested to come and availability
dates. For the rest, (travels, hotel, etc) we will see later.

In first, we need a date range to plan the event.

Developers, please let's me hear....