[Kde-imaging] ksaneplugin (and libksane)

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Thu May 8 18:01:07 CEST 2008

Angelo Naselli a écrit :
> martedì 6 maggio 2008 alle 13:32, Kåre Särs ha scritto:
>> And move libksane to kdegraphics.
> well i do hope Aurelién will tell us his opinion, since we have
> tlaked about that yesterday :)

Hehe, here I am, always late :)

I think one thing which got overlooked is that as far as dependencies
are concerned, kipi-plugins should be considered the same way as
applications: they do not provide API (no one link to a kipi-plugin),
instead they make use of the kipi API, just like any host application
do. The only difference is that they do not use the same subset of the
kipi API, but that's irrelevant to dependency problems.

With this in mind, maybe we could consider moving kipi-plugins to
extragear/graphics. We would have something like this:

extragear/
   libs/
     libkipi
     libkexiv2
   graphics/
     kipi-plugins/
       acquireimages

kdegraphics/
   libksane
   gwenview

This would allow compiling everything using the following order:
1. extragear/libs
2. kdegraphics
    because gwenview depends on extragear/libs/libkipi
3. extragear/graphics
    because kipi-plugins/acquireimages depends on kdegraphics/libksane

The thing is: kdegraphics would still be both a library provider and
user. I think it would make sense to create a kdegraphicslibs package
which would contain libksane for now and would be a place for libkipi
if/when it's ready to move to the core of KDE.

This would give the following compilation order:
1. extragear/libs | kdegraphicslibs (order is not relevant)
2. kdegraphics | extragear/graphics (order is not relevant)