[Kde-imaging] ksaneplugin (and libksane)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed May 7 17:45:29 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 07 May 2008, Angelo Naselli wrote:
> > speaking of which, when was the last digikam/kipi/kdegraphics developer
> > sprint?
>
> Well as far as kipi concerned, I'm one of whom are the bottleneck cause :)
> It's a very hard working time (just had a sleepless night at work, 4 hours
> in bed and now on again....)

ugh; sorry to hear that. such schedules can be a real drain on one's energy in
general (not just for your hobbies =)

> But i should start working at least on
> printwizard soon, even if my idea is to re write it instead of porting....
> but time is the real problem...

i totally empathize.

reason i asked about a developer sprint is that if it would be of interest and
use for the graphics apps developers, we should set up a developer sprint for
the project sometime this year. i would imagine it making sense to bring
together digikam, kphotoalbum, kipi, ksane, gwenview, krita, kolourpaint devs
to work on common needs.

such sprints usually last 3-7 days (depending on the project and the people
involved), consist of 4-20 people and KDE e.V. provides funding. for
something like kde graphics, i could see a 3-4 day event with 6-10 people
somewhere in europe working out very well.

the goals might be:

* to get things like kipi, libksane and other graphics related util libs into
the shape everyone wants them to be in (so, e.g. API review days; discussion
of architectural issues; lots of hacking as always =)

* determine what additional pieces could be shared and how (the pigment stuff
in krita, perhaps? image thumbnail views in gwenview, digikam,
photoalbum ..?)

* build community by having a few days to enjoy each other's company creating
kick ass stuff

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se