[Kde-imaging] libkipi and libksane to kdegraphics?

Kåre Särs kare.sars at kolumbus.fi
Sun May 4 18:56:46 CEST 2008

On Sundayen den 4 May 2008 18:57:36 Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Like gwenview is in kde-graphics and can use libkipi from
> extragear-libs without problem (if it needs), i propose to not move
> libksane in kde-graphics. by this way you can move skanlite to
> kde-graphics and use libksane as well, like gwenview.
>
> Or perhaps are you more ambitious plan for libksane, like to replace
> libkscan as well (with Win32 and MacOSX support as well). In this
> case, yes, it will be better to move libksane also to kde-graphics.

Actually replacing libkscan was part of the plan :)
Currently libkscan is 'only' a kscan KIO plugin that is a frontend to sane.
ksaneplugin (just moved to kdegraphics) is a dropin replacement for libkscan
as long as libksane is available.
(sane can also be used on OSX and to some extent on Win32 too)

If I'm not mistaken there where/is some interest in using libkipi and kipi
plugins also in KOffice if possible too.

--
Kåre Särs