[Kde-imaging] The diffrence between 10cm x 15cm and 4"x6"

Simon Brown simon.brown at metoffice.gov.uk
Wed Mar 26 15:01:25 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm using digikam with kipi on a Canon mp600 to try and print borderless
photos with 4"x6" paper.  This works fine under Windoze and others seem
to have achieved this under Linux
(http://mp610.blogspot.com/2008/01/borderless-linux-printing-on-pixma-
now.html).

I get a fine print coming out but with a 1 to 2 mm border on two edges
(adjacent not opposite).  This border seems to be about the difference
between 10cm x 15cm and 4"x6" (which is 10.16cm x 15.24cm).  Is this the
cause of my borders?

Is the 10cm x 15cm really 10.00cm x 15.00cm and is it hardwired into the
kipi code or is there a config file that I can tweak?

many thanks for your help.

Simon.

simon.brown at metoffice.gov.uk
simon at mcbrown.plus.com