[Kde-imaging] lack of libkipi documentation

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Tue Mar 25 21:40:44 CET 2008

Hi,
last week end i was trying to port kipi support into
gwenview.
As you know I'm not one of the historical members of the
kipi team, so i'm not so good at libkipi.
Looking at header files there is no so much documentation.
I'd expected something like as described into kde policy:
http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Policies/Library_Documentation_Policy
But if i'm not wrong comments are into cpp files, not complete though.
In an Open Source world that is ok of course but imo it's not enough.
If I were a host application developer and wanted to add kipi support
i'd install libkipi and start developing, so i could
have a look at header files and documentation.

I believe it's not enough what we have now. I strongly recommend
to add info onto header files. They can be useful as they can be read
by developer easily and moreover they can be used by doxigen to
have a quick reference documentation to add to our site as well.

IMHO that should be done as soon as possible to have a good kde4
libkipi release.