[Kde-imaging] [RFC] kipi & co. release plan proposal

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 07:42:49 CET 2008

2008/3/19, Angelo Naselli <anaselli at linux.it>:
> mercoledì 19 marzo 2008, Achim Bohnet ha scritto:
>
> > On Tuesday, 18. March 2008, Angelo Naselli wrote:
>  > > libkipi
>  > > 21-24/3 libkipi      0.2.0 (*kde4*) beta
>  > >              libkipi      0.1.6 (kde3) need to verify if we can avoid breaking abi first
>  >
>  > I would suggest release and break API with 0.1.6 only when there are
>  > kde3 kipi-plugins available that make use of the interface to implement
>  > new enduser functionality (runtime versus buildtime lib version does
>  > not count as enduser functionality).
>
> The problem is that digikam 0.9.4 beta already use new api.

not for the 0.9.4-beta2. To solve the issue with the non- released
libkipi/libkexiv2 from KDE3, i have added conditional compilation
depending of version available.

In fact to have new libkexiv2/libkipi release for KDE3 is not
important. The change in api is just about the version() method which
is not important for digiKam

The most important are KDE4 port (:=)))