[Kde-imaging] gpssync, "unauthorized call of api" and digikam3rdparty.free.fr

Bro Dudu bro.dudu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 18:45:49 CEST 2008

Hi,

All started with a message while trying to geo-tag my pictures. When
editing geolocation I got a "unauthorized call of api" then the
coordinate of the pictures could not be set properly, it always uses
the previous used coordinate (I once succeed to make it work, with a
different IP, I made no other change I made).
While trying to debug this I found that the message comes from the web
site digikam3rdparty.free.fr . Why on hearth do I need to get through
this web site (which by the way throws an error at me) to geo-tag my
images? The link is hardcoded in gpsmapwidget.cpp, because the files
it try to reach is along the cpp file I tried to change so the link
would be file:///PATH/getlonlat.php, but it still does not work. Could
someone explain those dark spells/incantations to me!

PS: I am already uneasy about giving google the coordinates of the
images I made (by using the map), so adding another site
(digikam3rdparty) in the process...

PPS: I compiled kipi-plugins from source 0.16beta1. As I mentioned, it
once worked, it could be because of the IP (my laptop moved from one
ISP to another) that it does not work anymore. I'll be able to check
soon.

Thanks.

Bruno D.