[Kde-imaging] Access to Digikam collections/albums?

Carsten Pfeiffer carpdjih at mail.tu-berlin.de
Thu Dec 18 23:07:01 CET 2008

Hiya,

I'm wondering if there is an API to get access to Digikam's image
collections/albums, similar to KIPI::Interface.

I would like to have a media center application display images that are
managed by Digikam. Simply pointing it to the root image folder would be an
option, but real access to the albums, including metadata would be much
better.

Plex (www.plexapp.com) is a media center application for the Mac, which can
already access iPhoto and Adobe Lightroom collections. In the hopes that
Digikam will soon be available for the Mac, I would like to hack Plex so that
it can access Digikam's collections as well.

A very simple option would be to expose that information through an XML-file.
Or is there already an API that I could use?

Thanks,
Carsten