[Kde-imaging] Still waiting for the time when installing from SVN become easy

Vardhman Jain vardhman at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 19:39:34 CET 2008

Just for the sake of documenting it for other who come by searching. Here is
the list of problem and possible tricks:

1) Ksane.cmake problem:
Simplest solution: Comment the few lines related to Ksane in the
CMakeLists.txt file.

2) LibKexiv2/libkipi/libkdcraw not found problem:
As Angelo suggested the best approach is the installed through kdegraphics.
It installs three required libs : libkexiv2, libkipi, and libkdcraw
Also after you install these using the sudo make install, they might be
added to non-pkgconfig path dir, in which case you need to the directory
containing them to $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

3) cmake_check_build_system error 255
I ran a make clean, and then cmake commands a few times, don't know what
exactly worked. While retrying I cleaned up CMakeCache.txt few times when
the config it "Derived" didn't look correct. Also I had to manually enter
the library path for libpng, libjasper and libtiff. I am pretty sure the
earlier ./configure, make system used to find the installed files and
directories much well, its a mess with CMake atleast in library detection
case.

Vardhman

Blogs: http://vardhman.blogspot.com