[Kde-imaging] Still waiting for the time when installing from SVN become easy

Vardhman Jain vardhman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 18:03:59 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Kåre Särs <kare.sars at kolumbus.fi> wrote:

> On Sunday 21 December 2008, Vardhman Jain wrote:
> > Hi fellow devs,
> > I was peacefully working with my KDE4 installation of digikam and
> suddenly
> > something when wrong and my code wont compile any more. I decided to go
> over
> > the steps again to have a fresh working space created. I didn't have
> great
> > success. Since the pain is fresh, I wanted to write it down this time:
> >
> > 1) Why Do I need KSane (I definitely don't have a scanner and I am not
> > planning to use it ever), I should be allowed to opt to not required it.
> If you don't have sane/libsane installed, KSane will not be compiled either
> :)
> Do you get a compile problem because of KSane?

CMake Error: An attempt was made to access a variable: KSANE_FOUND that has
not been defined. This variable is created by the FIND_PACKAGE command.
CMake version 1.6 always converted the variable name to upper-case, but this
behavior is no longer the case.  To fix this you might need to set the cache
value of CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY to 1.6 or less.  If you are writing a
CMake listfile, you should change the variable reference to use the case of
the argument to FIND_PACKAGE.

is the error, I got.

regards,
Vardhman