[Kde-imaging] thought by packaging...

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Wed Dec 17 22:48:09 CET 2008

> I am a bit confused. What is this temporary dir? if it's created by the
> plugin, the plugin should delete it itself when it's no longer needed.
I'd say yes, but here two examples in which that is not possible (at
least i believe), the first is printassistant, it saves pictures into a temporary
directory to pass them to gimp. The latter is sendimage it uses a temporary
dir in which put files to be sent. In both cases the related plugin cannot handle
the external process to understand when to delete temporary files. The result
is that the file lay down on your system forever. Try it :)
If tried to put autodelete option, but on my machine that always does not work
or better it deletes files before the applications have received them...

Hope you see what i mean now, and of course i'm open to any solution, but it
would be fine to find at least one :) (iirc there are old bugs for that in kde3...)

Angelo (who has not finished with his home yet)