[Kde-imaging] Proposed enhancement to KIPIPlugins::ImagesList

Luka Renko lure at kubuntu.org
Sun Dec 7 16:16:27 CET 2008

Andi, Caulier and other developers,

I am currently writing SmugMug exporter KIPI plugin for KDE4 and have seen
that we have nice ImagesList widget that can be shared between plugins.
I am using it in SmugMug widget, but since I would like to fit all options
required for upload on one page/dialog (no tabs), I would prefer if ImagesList
would have an option to put control buttons (Add/Remove) below the list
(currently on the right side). That way we get some real estate that can be
used to put other plugin options on the right side.
I have prepared a patch that adds new option (buttonsBelow) to ImagesList
constructor. It just moves buttons to different location and removes
addRowStretch() call that caused strange resizing (not sure if this is OK, but
I did not see any side effect to other plugins using). Please review and let
me know if I am fine to commit this change to SVN.

See attached patch and screenshot SmugMug plugin that is using new button
placement.

BTW, is it still fine to add new KIPI Plugin for future 0.2.0 release? I
expect to have my SmugMug plugin complete and ready to commit in 1-2 days.

Regards,
Luka