[Kde-imaging] Using KipiPlugins::ImageList class into IpodExport plugin...

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Tue Dec 2 12:21:15 CET 2008

2008/12/2 Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>:
> Hi seb,
>
> Andi has recently implemented a new common widget for kipi-plugins dedicated
> to show a list of images. It support drag and drop, preview, columns
> customize, and more.
> It's already used in SendImages, FlickrExport and RemoveRedEyes plugins, and
> i plan to patch DNGConverter and RawConverter in this way.
>
> Code is here :
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/kipi-plugins/common/libkipiplugins/imageslist.h?view=markup
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/kipi-plugins/common/libkipiplugins/imageslist.cpp?view=markup
>
> I recommend to use this widget in IpodExport to replace this unported code:
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/kipi-plugins/ipodexport/ImageList.h?view=markup
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/kipi-plugins/ipodexport/ImageList.cpp?view=markup
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/kipi-plugins/ipodexport/ImageListItem.h?view=markup
>
> The advantage is to factorize code everywhere and simplify maintenance...
>
> Let's me hear if you is agree to use it. Of course, we can adjust
> KipiPlugins::ImageList api if you need. Also, if you don't have free time to
> do it, we can patch your plugin (:=)))

Hey,
Yep, I did see the commits about the new widget for the image list,
and it does look promising. My use case for displaying data from the
ipod is a little non standard, so it's very possible that we'll need
to modify the widget slightly. I'll let you know.

Do you have a projected timeline for releases? Since we're gearing up
to Amarok 2 release very soon, I'm quite busy, but if there is an
imminent kipi-plugins release I will make some extra time for it.

Seb

ps - i am subscribed to kde-imaging so no need to CC me :)

--
Seb Ruiz

http://www.sebruiz.net/
http://amarok.kde.org/