[Kde-imaging] flickr / picasaweb?

Timothee Groleau kde at timotheegroleau.com
Wed Aug 6 15:02:06 CEST 2008

Hi,

Thanks Angelo and Vardhman for your replies. Sorry for getting back so late.

On Tuesday 05 August 2008 18:31:58 Vardhman Jain wrote:
> Hey,
>      Thanks for reporting the issue, Both Caulier and I, the developers of
> these plugins have majorly tested them to be working fine with Digikam,
> this doesn't mean we don't expect them to work on other apps but it would
> be great if you can do a cross check for us so we can narrow down the
> problem to plugins' or plugins' integration one.

I have installed digikam 0.9.4 (latest version in gentoo) but I still have
problems. The flickr plugin still doesn't let me upload. What I see is the
upload progress dialog which stays at 0, untill eventually a timeout alert
box tells me the connection to flickr is broken. Exact message is: "Failed to
upload photo into Flickr. Connection to host www.flickr.com is broken.
Do you want to continue?" This is the same behavior I was seeing in
KPhotoalbum and GwenView.

On the other hand, I saw some improvements with the picasaweb export plugin in
digikam. For one thing it did not crash digikam when I invoked it! Creating
new album from the plugin didn't work however, but the main dialog was able
to retrieve my album list from picasaweb. Unfortunately, I was again unable
to upload anything, the upload progress dialog box stayed at 0. There was no
timeout alert this time, I cancelled it manually after (what felt to me) a
looong time.

Regards,
Tim.