[Kde-imaging] libkexiv2 0.1.5 is out WAS: libkexiv2: breaks backward compatitiliby?

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Thu May 10 23:06:12 CEST 2007

Alle mercoledì 9 maggio 2007, Colin Guthrie ha scritto:
> Angelo Naselli wrote:
> >> Regardless it will mean we can rebuild the dependant apps and everything
> >> will eventually work. Is this the desired effect?
>
> > Yep, unfortunately it is. And since we have that problem in cooker we can di that
> > without care, but this problem makes me thinking we should pay attention next
> > time to avoid that...
>
> Yeah I guess. Easy to slip through the net tho'.
>
> Gimme a shout either here or via mail or via cooker ML if you want me to
> officially release 0.1.5 to cooker and do the rebuilds. Happy to do so.
Ok I uploaded it:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=149779&package_id=221579
but as you can see i cannot do much more for today
and tomorrow i will out of office in the morning. So please go on.
Thanks again.

> One question tho', should I bump the major in the package? It would make
> it libkexiv21-0.1.5 (as opposed to current libkexiv20-0.1.4) It is my
> understanding that libkexiv2.so.0 is major 0 and libkexiv2.so.1 is major
> 1 but perhaps my understanding here is not quite complete here ;)

Achim's suggestion sounds good for me. I preferred not to have
libkexiv2-0 only because i have some problems with commoncpp
when i changed the package name from CommonC++ and upgrading,
libkexiv20 is ugly though.
Anyway feel free to do what you think is better to.

Thanks