[Kde-imaging] libkexiv2: breaks backward compatitiliby? WAS: extragear/libs/libkexiv2

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Tue May 8 16:48:06 CEST 2007

Alle martedì 8 maggio 2007, Colin Guthrie ha scritto:
> Angelo Naselli wrote:
> > Col can you test the binary compatibility in cooker? I mean IIRC there
> > was 0.1.2 in it now you upgraded to 0.1.4 digikam should start correctly.
>
> Yeah I tested it prior to committing/submitting it and it seems to be
> fine, so I guess you are right in that it was the 0.1.1 -> 0.1.2 that
> broke things.  The version I updated in cooker was indeed 0.1.2.
>
> Didn't try to do anything complex in dk but nothing jumped out at me.
Well I doubt digikam open it with dlopen and since Achim experienced
digikam didn't start at all we can say 0.1.2 is compatible.
I'll do a new tarball, but i need a test for that as well, or it's
becoming the Ester's curse ;)

BTW[OT] backporting it, will mean to rebuild digikam and kipi-plugins won't be? and that again
means in cooker an svn copy to a branch, doesn't it?