[Kde-imaging] libkexiv2: breaks backward compatitiliby? WAS: extragear/libs/libkexiv2

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Tue May 8 10:45:45 CEST 2007

On Tuesday, 8. May 2007, Angelo Naselli wrote:
> Alle martedì 8 maggio 2007, Achim Bohnet ha scritto:
> > On Sunday, 6. May 2007, Angelo Naselli wrote:
> > > SVN commit 661885 by anaselli:
> > >
> > > Release 0.1.4
> > > - fix libtools version-info
> >
> > Hi, Angelo,
> >
> > looks like it get fixed in the wrong way ;)
> >
> > When I build 0.1.4 pkgs and install them, digikam io slaves only give errors like
> >
> > digikam: ERROR: : couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave:
> > klauncher said: Error loading 'kio_digikamthumbnail'.
> >
> > Reinstalling 0.1.1 and digikam works again.
> >
> > Anyone else tried to run an app build with 0.1.1
> > to run with 0.1.4?
> hmmm are this comment the reason?
> (Depreciate: used internaly by digiKam core.)
>
> Gilles you changed a lot of methods from protected to private,
> I guess if that was the cause

mhmm,  looking into .xsession-error shows:

usr/lib/kde3/kio_digikamthumbnail.so: undefined symbol: KExiv2Iface::KExiv2::getImageOrientation()

if only this method is missing.  I would suggest to
just keep this method instead (make as depreacated)
and delay delay API backward break to a future release ;)

Achim

                                      -- reddy at lion.austin.ibm.com