[Kde-imaging] releasing kipi & co.

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Thu May 3 14:11:54 CEST 2007

Alle mercoledì 2 maggio 2007, Gilles Caulier ha scritto:
> 2007/5/2, Gerhard Kulzer <gerhard at kulzer.net>:

> > > Right, after your patch, digikam needs the latest libkexiv2 to compile.
> > So
> > > I wait for Angelo to release.
> > >
> > > Gerhard
> >
> > As I understand now, Angelo will be busy with more important 'things',
> > anyway
> > he'll not do a further release in the near future.
> >
> > In order to proceed with digikam 0.9.2-beta1 we need libkexiv2, right
> > Gilles?
>

> yes
>
> We do not need libkdraw.
>

> no. digiKam 0.9.2 depand of libkdcraw. We need to release it too...
>

> So my proposal is to do the digikam release and put libkexiv2
>

> and libkdcraw too...
>
> into our
> > ftp://digikam3rdparty site.
>

> yes during digiKam tarballs tests...
>

> Then Angelo can copy it over to SF ( I understood
> > that this is what he wants to do ).
>

> The tarballs of libkexiv2 and libkdcraw need to be avaialble on kipi-plugins
> SF download area when digiKam will be released in 0.9.2-beta1, else, users
> will cannot compile it...
>
> So, i have added you like member of SF kipi-plugins project to perfom
> releases (like digiKam (:=))). You can upload the files to SF like this...
that's ok for me. But i believe i can upload tarballs from time to time
an ftp session is not very time consuming ;)

Hope Valerio will be available soon (he moved and he has no adsl connection by now)
so that he can help as well.

Col if libkdcraw and libkexiv2 are released can you do the cooker rpm for me?
Thanks a lot.
First sleepless night has gone :)
I wonder if i could do some work during that time, but i believe i can't :)

Cheers,