[Kde-imaging] libkipi version 2

Krasu ksquirrel at tut.by
Tue Mar 27 18:43:51 CEST 2007

Hi.

> To load and save where ?

No, not plugin!

AFAIK KIPI plugins use imlib to load images. It's not perfect. If anybody
need to load some exostic image format and he has decoder for it, how he
can apply, say, image processing filters from KIPI to it ? He should
convert this exotic format to PNG/JPEG/smth_else and only then use KIPI.

I mean it will be great to let user do smth like

class MyDecoder : public KIPI::Decoder
{
       KIPI::Image readImage(const KURL &url);
};

class MyEncoder : public KIPI::Encoder
{
       int writeImage(const KURL &url, const KIPI::Image &image);
};

my_kipi_interface->setDecoder(new MyDecoder);
my_kipi_interface->setEncoder(new MyEncoder);

It will give us the ability to use external libraries like DevIL (or our
own images codecs) etc.

Regards, Krasu.

---
Стань своим! БеСТ предлагает выгодные тарифы ДЛЯ СВОИХ!
Присоединяйся! http://svoi.best.by