[Kde-imaging] tree view in HTMLExport?

Wojciech Jarosz wjarosz at ucsd.edu
Thu Jul 19 07:50:34 CEST 2007

Hi everyone,
I've been using the HTMLExport feature in digikam for a bit now and I
ran into the following usability issue:

The Collection Selection dialog in HTMLExport shows the collections
and tags using a list view. Since in digikam albums can be nested, it
is not uncommon to have two albums with the same name, but different
parent directories: e.g.:

 * Yosemite
    * Panoramas
 * Bryce
    * Panoramas

 This poses a problem since in this case, the list of collections would read:

 Bryce
 Panoramas
 Panoramas
 Yosemite

 with no distinguishing labeling for the two independent Panoramas albums.

This can be really confusing and makes it impossible to determine
which album to select. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the
HTMLExport or with digikam, however perhaps a treeview could be used
instead to preserve the hierarchical nature of the albums and to
disambiguate between identically named directories. It could look
something like this:

 + My Albums
    + Album 1
       - Sub Album 1
       - Sub Album 2
    - Album 2
    + Album 3
       - Sub Album 1
 + Tags
     - Tag 1
     - Tag 2

Is this a known issue? Is there an option I don't know about that
changes the way the Collection Selection is presented?

thanks,
-w