[Kde-imaging] kipi-plugins compiling error

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 12:22:17 CEST 2007

Angelo,

The compilation fail because like Achim said, he use --enable-final
configure option.

kipi-plugins must support this option. It generally used to optimize target,
especially to build RPM for ex.

On my computer, i have always 2 copy of source code : one compiled using
--enable-debug=full to debug of course, and one using --enable-final to
check if all compile fine.

Compiling using last one is very interressing because all indeep coding
error appears...

And of course, i can reproduce it on my computer.

I recommend to packager to always test compilation in this mode before to
dispatch aver the world a final release tarball...

For the current problem, i will take a look what wrong in code.

To fix temporally this problem, you can use the automake macro "KDE_OPTIONS
= nofinal" like jpeglossless plugin do...

My 10 cts... of course, no more

Gilles