[Kde-imaging] [Digikam-devel] extragear/libs

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Sun Jan 28 11:31:17 CET 2007

On Saturday, 27. January 2007, Angelo Naselli wrote:
> Alle 14:13, sabato 27 gennaio 2007, Tom Albers ha scritto:
> > Op za 27 jan 2007 12:01 schreef u:
> > > Le Vendredi 26 Janvier 2007 19:14, Caulier Gilles(UNTRUSTED, sender is
> > > <kde-imaging-bounces-+caulier.gilles=kdemail.net at kde.org>) a ளூcrit :

> > > Richard Groult, the ShowImg author, have reported to me than i will use this
> > > library for the next Showimg version instead the duplicate DMetadata class
> > > copied in core...
> >
> > Ok, then a shared lib is logical!

Some random items that can to my mind while preparing a kubuntu pkg:

	o before release think twice about the API, so can be
	  extended without breaking the API.  As several apps
	  will use it, every API break needs quite some work
	  to adapt the apps.

	o looks like exiv2 changes it's API frequently.  Will
	  force libkexiv2 API changes too?

	o Should it be possible to have several versions
          installed at the same time?  This requires SOMAJOR
	  version number
	  be included in file path of
	  runtime (requited by distros)
		UI msg catalog
	  devel:
		include path for headers

	o libkexiv2.h contain no version info. Neither a
	  version string, nor ints for major, minor, bugfix
	  revision.

Achim

                                      -- reddy at lion.austin.ibm.com