[Kde-imaging] extragear/libs/kipi-plugins

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Fri Jan 26 17:15:18 CET 2007

On Friday, 26. January 2007 14:55, Caulier Gilles wrote:

> > > Why not use the svn2log.py, which removes svn_silent and scripty commits
> > > and uses readable names instead of the svn commit name.
> >
> > Well as you know that script and the changelog building is a pain in the
> > neck. I'd love to have something to remove silent part without using that
> > script.
> >
> > Gilles, you told me you forgot about  svn2log.py, so which parameter are
> > you using with svn2cl?

digikam (imageplugins) use svn2log.py

> There is no option to remove scripty commits. We do it by hand in editor.

Sure?  I never saw scripty comments, so they are stripped automaticly.

I remember once one encoding problem but I used sed to get rid of it.
svn log ... | sed ... | svn2log ...

Because I do incremental updates of changelog (svn log is slow like hell)
next time it's not problem.  form digikam/release_digikam_cl.sh

set -x
export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8

# using accounts it with svn2log.py -u  add even more of email addresses to changelog :(
#svn cat $svnbase/trunk/KDE/kde-common/accounts > accounts.tmp.$$
svn cat $adminroot/kde-common/release/svn2log.py > svn2log.py.tmp-$$
svn log -v --xml -r HEAD:$startrev $svnbase/$svnroot/extragear/$egmodule/$name |
        python ./svn2log.py.tmp-$$ -p /$svnroot/extragear/$egmodule -o ChangeLog.new-entries
rm svn2log.py.tmp-$$

Achim