[Kde-imaging] Gwenview, kdegraphics and libkipiAl

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Wed Jan 17 10:14:18 CET 2007

Le mercredi 17 janvier 2007 10:03, Angelo Naselli a écrit :
> Alle 08:53, mercoledì 17 gennaio 2007, Valerio Fuoglio ha scritto:
> > Alle 00:07, mercoledì 17 gennaio 2007, Aurelien Gateau ha scritto:
> > > PS: Note that this change would "only" concerned libkipi. It would
> > > not impose any restriction on kipi-plugins.
> >
> > IMHO, the best solution for the future of kipi-plugins, is to be
> > included too.
> > Can't we do this?
>
> hmm, if not necessary why?
> We're not so good at releasing new plugins, but something is
> changing (new ideas, new developers, new maintainers and contributors,...)
> and i wouldn't like to see that going backwards again :(
>
> Just my 2 €cents
> 	Angelo

Look my previous mail. if libkipi is moved in KDE4, it will be ported to Qt4.
Only gwenview will use it until all others host will be ported to Qt4...

This sound like a fork of libkipi dedicaced to gwenview.

In fact, I'm not favorable to do it.

Of course libkipi + kipi-plugins + all hosts need to be ported to Qt 4.0...
but take a care. It's not a simple port. Regression tests need to be done.
It's a huge work to do...

To have already discuted with Jesper by IRC about host application QT 3.0 ->
4.0 port, sound like a critic task. Porting an huge application like
kphotoalbum or digiKam+DigikamImagePlugins will take a while...