[Kde-imaging] kipi htmlexport

Aurelien Gateau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Thu Jan 4 12:05:29 CET 2007

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 11:15:54 +0100, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at kdemail.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 January 2007 11:15, Marcelo Anelli Colla wrote:
>> Hi Gilles,
>>
>> sorry, seems my english is horrible ... :) but I am asking if there is
> some
>> site for publishing themes for the hmtlexport plugins. I had writed some
>> cloning the examples and can be used freely.
>
> Excelent. we need new themes (:=))). There is no way to share it but i'm
> sure
> than www.kipi-plugins.org web site will be the right way for that.

That's great indeed.

As for sharing them, for now we can either:
- include them in SVN.
- put them as tarballs on the site and explain how to install them.
  Installing a theme boils down to:
  - mkdir -p ~/.kde/share/apps/kipiplugin_htmlexport/themes
  - cd ~/.kde/share/apps/kipiplugin_htmlexport/themes
  - tar xzf path/to/theme.tar.gz

Of course, it would be nicer to use KGetHotNewStuff.

>> As another point, there is a form to pass a parameters to the plugin?

Not yet :-(. One thing I was thinking about was to be able to define theme "variations",
for example using alternate CSS files. This way it would be easy to tweak a theme by just
supplying a new CSS file instead of having to edit the XSLT file.