[Kde-imaging] GPS Correlator Kipi/Digikam GUI

Ken Kinder kkinder at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 03:10:12 CET 2007

When I saw that I could now have geotaging from inside Digikam... I went out
and bought a GPS.

But I must report that a lot of things in the correlator GUI are ambiguous to
a newbie:

  * Max time gap... What units? Minutes? Seconds?
  * Time zone: Of my pictures or the GPX file? This is a big problem. My GPS
seems to output in UTC, regardless of what I've set it to display with. While
my camera encodes files with its local time zone. There should be two
dropdown boxes, one for camera and the other for gpx. Further, they should
include more than UTC offsets -- how about actual timezones?
  * Interpolate... Interpolate what?