[Kde-imaging] about libkdcraw packaging

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Wed Feb 21 00:22:13 CET 2007

On Tuesday, 20. February 2007, Angelo Naselli wrote:
> Alle 22:48, martedì 20 febbraio 2007, Achim Bohnet ha scritto:
> > Hi,
> > I've started to prepare a debian/kubuntu pkgs today
> > did run into the following questions:
> I know it sounds bad getting a question in answer to a question,
> but how can you do that without an official release? are you going
> to do that from svn?
Hi Angelo,

yeah, I usually do svn pkg build when time permits.

Our groups in kubuntu and debian concentrate _all_ changes
to <source-dir>/debian/...   Therefore a KDE svn checkout and a
svn checkout of debian stuff does nicely coexists.

> If so, why not to prepare a tarball for kipi team - as a part of kipi
> team first :) ?

Well, I don't have a real tarball, e.g. no translations and README etc
in libkcraw/.   It's not not really worth to share my tarball IMHO,
it's easier to create uptodate one yourself.
To work on pkgs with svn checkout I do:

mkdir svn
cd svn
svn co -N svn://path-to/extragear/libs  trunk
svn co    svn://path-to/3.5/admin	trunk/admin
(cd trunk && svn up libkdcraw && make -f Makefile.cvs )
tar --exclude=\*/.svn\* --exclude=\*/debian\* -czf libkdcraw_0.0.0+svn.orig.tar.gz trunk/

and I have my base tarball ;)

To play with pkging I do:

cd trunk
svn co svn+ssh://ach-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-kde/kde-extras/libkdcraw/debian

and now I can update/commit pkging stuff in debian/.  Same for the KDE svn sources.
Everything ends up in the right repo.

> And now a question for Gilles if we release it, can it be in conflicts with
> digikam (I haven't seen digikam rc1 yet...)?

We should release libkdcraw as later, using the time for polishing
but fixing and maybe even changes to the API.  No need to rush IMHO.

Achim

                                      -- reddy at lion.austin.ibm.com