[Kde-imaging] about libkdcraw packaging

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Tue Feb 20 22:48:55 CET 2007

Hi,
I've started to prepare a debian/kubuntu pkgs today
did run into the following questions:

/usr/bin/kdcraw:

Is it the plan to keep the CLI interface stable or
is this just the helper binary used by the library?

If the latter kdcraw is better moved to /usr/lib/libkdcraw0
with 0 the API version of the lib.  We need the 0 here so several
libkdcraw.so.<major> can be installed in parallel.
And in this case we need no kdcraw.1 manpage too, because
the binary is an implementation detail ;)   More details
at http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/libpkg-guide.html#id229862
which really worth reading.

/usr/share/icons/hicolor/<size>/apps/kdcraw.png:

afaik icons there are related to applications.  But
there no .desktop file (kdcraw is cli after all ;)
So should the icons be put below

	/usr/share/apps/libkdcraw0/icons/...
	/usr/share/icons/hicolor/<size>/actions/kdcraw.png

instead in case they are used by the widgets?

Achim
                                      -- reddy at lion.austin.ibm.com