[Kde-imaging] Can not compile libkipi anymore ;-(

Colin Guthrie kde at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Feb 18 16:11:45 CET 2007

Angelo Naselli wrote:
> Alle 12:57, domenica 18 febbraio 2007, Heiner Lamprecht ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>>
>> every now and than I make an svn-update of digikam, incl libkipi.
>> But currently, it fails.  Even when I check out the clean sources
>> following the description on digikam.org, I have no success.
>>
>> Compiling extragear/libs/ fails with:
>>
>> /bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=link g++
>>   -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE
>>   -Wcast-align -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -O2
>>   -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wno-non-virtual-dtor
>>   -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE
>>   -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION
>>   -o kipiplugin_viewer.la -rpath /opt/kde3/lib64/kde3
>>   -module ogl.lo texture.lo timer.lo plugin_viewer.lo plugin_viewer.moc.lo
>>   -lkipi -lGL
>>
>> /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.1.0/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld:
>>   cannot find -lkipi
>>
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>
>> make[3]: *** [kipiplugin_viewer.la] Fehler 1
>>

>> What can be the cause of the problem?
> Can you explain better your steps? I did a fresh checkout of extragear/libs yesterday to
> reproduce your problem and it built very well here. (X86_64 mandriva 2007.0)
> It seems you're missing libkipi in your error, but i wonder if you did make -f Makefile.cvs
> after you update your svn tree?

Angelo/Everyone,

This would appear to be a problem with the new viewer kipi plugin that a
few people have reported in the last couple of days.

The reason it works you you Angelo is that presumably you have libkipi
in a standard location (e.g. installed from RPM etc.)

This is because the viewer plugin was originally designed to be built
outside of the kipi plugins structure but now it is trying to be build
inside it. I think it needs some modification.

For now, edit the Makefile.am in libs folder to remove the viewer subdir
and all should build OK until it is fixed properly.

Col

PS I've not actually looked at this problem properly so I'm kinda just
guessing :)